Purpose of the Club
The purpose of Goizueta Investment Management is to supplement students’ experiences in the MBA program by providing them with additional exposure to the areas of asset valuation and investment management through a student-managed investment fund.
1. To foster a dynamic community of students who are passionate about investing and the financial markets.
2. To apply theoretical valuation skills in the real world, and allow members to learn from practical experience that will maximize the overall educational experience.
3. To train and educate members in the art of investment management and trading, preparing them for careers in the field and providing them with a competitive advantage in the job market.
4. To foster relationships with the local CFA Institute, as well as the investment community.
5. To provide a support system for students searching for job opportunities in the investment world.
Goizueta Investment Management was established with the intention of providing Goizueta Business School MBA students an opportunity to apply the techniques and strategies learned in their curriculum to an actual fund management setting. A contribution of $45,000 from the Dietz Scholarship Fund began the Goizueta Equity Fund (the “Fund”) in 2000, and in 2003 this initial amount was augmented by a $250,000 endowment from the Goizueta Business School.
Goizueta Business School
Goizueta Business School was named in 1994 for Roberto C. Goizueta, an innovative and influential business leader, who was the Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company from 1981 until his death in 1997. Hailed by The Wall Street Journal as "one of the most highly regarded CEOs in America," the personal and professional courage Roberto Goizueta demonstrated throughout his lifetime contributes to his legacy as one of the most respected action-oriented business leaders of the 20th century. His vision provides the inspiration and momentum behind Goizueta Business School’s overarching goal -- to educate “Principled Leaders For Global Enterprise” who can create value for their companies and for the world.