Welcome to the Goizueta Business School! This site will help new members of our community with the following:
• Setting up accounts
• Configuring devices
• Learning more about available IT resources
For additional information about specific tasks or resources not covered here, take a look at our wiki.
For any questions or issues while using this site please request assistance by requesting assistance through our main page or call us at (404) 727-0581.
Computer requirements for students
This will give you recommendations on how to get your computer ready for the coursework you will do here at GBS.
Configure accounts and services
Here are six tasks you must complete before your first day.
Optional: add your email account to mobile devices: Android iOS
Below is a list of some common resources available for use. Links to more services can be seen on the left side of this page.
Here's a quick checklist to make sure you're ready for the start of the year
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is my Emory email address?
I do not go by my legal name. Can I change my email alias to my preferred first name?
- First, go to the Profile tile in OPUS to change your preferred first name. It will take 24 hours for the change to process in Emory systems.
- After the 24 hours has passed, follow the instructions below to select your new email address with your preferred name
Can I set up auto-forwarding from my Emory email account to another account?
No, GBS members are not allowed to automatically forward messages out of our Office 365 email system.
Will my password expire periodically for my Emory account?
Emory recently approved a new enterprise password policy which is available on the Emory policy website at http://policies.emory.edu/5.15. Some of the main highlights are below:
- Password Change Interval – Passwords must be changed at least once every 365 days
- Password Length – Passwords must be between 9 and 30 characters in length
- Password Complexity – Passwords must contain at least 2 alphabetic characters (A-Z, a-z) and at least 2 non-alphabetic characters (spaces, numerals, punctuation, and/or special characters)
- Password Constraints – Userid/NetID cannot be part of the password, no more than 2 consecutive characters can be identical, and the password cannot match any of the previous 24 passwords used with the account
How do I change the Emory password I was given when I applied?
Will I have access to my Emory account when I graduate?
No. All student email accounts (@emory.edu) will be deactivated within 2 to 6 months after graduation depending on your final semester term. It is the student's responsibility to archive any emails and/or files from their account prior to leaving Emory, and it is recommended to create an auto reply to your inbox prior to graduation. Students have the option to sign up for a permanent forwarding alumni "address" (@alumni.emory.edu) which can be forwarded to a non-Emory email address. This forwarding address is NOT an email account nor is it linked to any emails received or sent from your @emory.edu account. The Emory alumni forwarding address is a good way to keep in touch with recruiters and alumni after graduation when you no longer have access to your @emory.edu address.
Can I use my Mac for my BBA/MBA coursework at Goizueta?
Yes, you can use a Mac at Goizueta provided that you have installed Windows 10 with Office 2016 installed. There will be programs required for your courses that can only run in a Windows environment. We have a virtual lab available that can be accessed through any web browser at https://gbsemory.apporto.com
Are students eligible for any hardware discounts?
Yes, please visit the Emory bookstore to browse the technology hardware and software items available to students. Additionally, some vendors and manufacturers provide discounts if you log in with an email address that ends with .edu. Check with them individually as their offerings frequently change.
We would love to hear your feedback on the online IT orientation experience. Your comments will be anonymous unless you choose to make yourself known in the comments section of the survey. This survey will take less than 5 minutes to complete.
Thank you for your comments!